August 5, 2020
| posted as
Failure, SharePoint Online
404 NOT FOUND error when accessing home page of a site**
This issue happens when the home.aspx (or any homepage of the site) is deleted.
**Please note that issue only applies to site collection with Communication or Private or Public Team Site (New Experience) template
Recreate the Home Page
- Append this /_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx on the end of URL (e.g https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/NameOfSite/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx)
- Once redirected to Site Contents, go to Pages
- On the Site Pages, click New > Site Page
- Type Home on the “Name your page” and add the necessary information
- Note: If you opt to use different name on Step 4, go back to Pages and right click on the newly created page and select Make homepage.
Restore deleted Home Page