May 1, 2020
| posted as
Hybrid(EXO) - T/S, M365 Migration
- You are getting this error when you are trying to migrate mailbox from on-premise to cloud using Hybrid methodology
Step 1. Ensure that the MSOL User is not licensed with EXO
Step 2. Access Local AD and make sure that the AD Object’s msExchMailboxGuid has value
Step 3. Match the mailbox GUID for the remote mailbox (onprem)
- Open the Exchange Management Shell on the on-premises server, and then run the following command to check whether the ExchangeGUID property of the on-premises remote mailbox is set:
|Get-RemoteMailbox <alias of cloud mailbox to move> | Format-List ExchangeGUID|
If not set it,
|Set-RemoteMailbox <MailboxName> -ExchangeGUID <GUID>|
- Note If the ExchangeGUID property returns all zeros, the value isn’t stamped on the on-premises remote mailbox.
Step 4. Match the mailbox GUID for the mail user object (cloud)
- Open Windows PowerShell (don’t use the Exchange Management Shell), and then connect to Exchange Online. For more info about how to do this, see Connect to Exchange Online Using Remote PowerShell.
- Run the following command to retrieve the value of ExchangeGUID property of the mailbox that you want to move.
|Get-Mailbox <MailboxName> | Format-List ExchangeGUID|
- If not matched with the value from step 2, run AAD connect full sync or Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta
Step 5. Perform move request against the mailbox