January 4, 2020
| posted as
Here is what you need to do. In this example we’ll share a file to one machine.
- Make sure you have administrator access to both machines.
- Server service should be enable on both machines.
- Connect both machine using one Ethernet cable and wait for them to acquire an IP address.
- On the target machine, create and share a folder to “Everyone” with read\write permission level.
- Get the IP address of the target machine.
- On the host machine, access the target machine by using Run.
Windows + R
Type in “\\targetmachineIP”
- Below windows will appear and it will allow you to transfer any files to from the host to the target machine.
Since it is over a LAN cable(Ethernet), transfer rate is much faster compared, to shared drive, cloud drive, etc.,.