June 22, 2015
| posted as
Method 1: Editing the host file on an elevated notepad
- ClickStart ->All Programs -> Accessories. Right-clickNotepad, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or clickAllow or Yes.
- Open the Hosts file (from the notepad you just opened) , make your changes, and then click File ->Save.
Method 2: Renaming the host file to “old”
- Edit the hostfile and save it elsewhere
- Rename the original host file to “hostold”
- Transfer the edited file from the original location of the host file
- Delete hostold
- Restart PC
- Check if the issue persist