November 1, 2018
| posted as
Exchange Online, Mail Flow
- Your tenant is unable to receive emails
- Senders to your tenant is receiving NDR
- When you use MX toolbox and found out that your MX does not resolve to an IP address
Re-add the domain
This method is applicable for new tenant or tenant that don’t have any active mailboxes and mail flows yet.
Re-trigger domain’s provisioning
Access the link below to re-trigger the DNS provisioning.
Use the workaround MX
Affected MX: contoso-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
Workaround MX: contoso-com.mail.eo.outlook.com
Before making any changes, it’s important to use nslookup or an internet web tools against the workaround MX to verify if it resolves to an IP address.
- If it does not resolved to an IP, proceed to step 3
- If workaround MX resolves to an IP, proceed to use it as a workaround MX for your tenant to have temporary mail flow
- Contact Microsoft 365 support to escalate it to their backend team in order to correct the issue