May 30, 2018
| posted as
Configuration(2016), Exchange Onprem
Scenario : Configure external DNS and internal DNS for mail flow (note: internal mail is already working at this point)
Create a Send connector
Before you can send mail to the Internet, you need to create a Send connector on the Mailbox server. Do the following.
- Open the EAC by browsing to the URL of your Mailbox server. For example, https://Ex2016MBX/ECP.
- Enter your user name and password in Domain\user name and Password and then click Sign in.
- Go to Mail flow > Send connectors. On the Send connectors page, click New
- In the New send connector wizard, specify a name for the Send connector and then select Internet. Click Next.
- Verify that MX record associated with recipient domain is selected. Click Next.
- Under Address space, click Add
In the Add domain window, make sure SMTP is selected in the Type field. In the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) field, enter *. Click Save.
- Make sure Scoped send connector isn’t selected and then click Next.
- Under Source server, click Add
In the Select a Server window, select a Mailbox server. After you’ve selected the server, click Addand then click OK.
- Click Finish and Perform a test mail from Onprem to External